- If your patio furniture didn’t make it through the winter, consider replacing old or worn furniture with something new. Or, if you don’t have patio furniture, purchase a set so that you can take advantage of your pretty outdoors this summer.
- If your furniture frames are in good condition but your cushions are looking a bit worn or out of style, simply replace your cushions or add a new umbrella to your space.
- If your furniture and cushions all made it gracefully through the winter, consider yourself lucky! Take this opportunity to update your overall look and feel by adding a few fun and stylish outdoor accent pillows to your seating.
- Beautiful flowers always add a pretty touch to your outdoor space during the summertime. Adding planter boxes, either window or stand-alone ones, can give you extra space to decorate with a colorful array of fresh blooms this summer.
- Light up your pathways with pretty solar lights this summer. Not only are these super simple to install, but they also won’t increase your electric bill!
- Add a little sparkle around your deck with a pretty set of stringed party lights! From caged string lights to colorful jewel-toned lights, these can truly add sparkle to your deck while reflecting your own personal style.
- Don’t forget to protect yourself and your guests from pests! A simple citronella candle works, but pretty citronella tabletop torches are available in a variety of styles and colors to suit your personal preference.
- If you have outdoor electricity and an overhang, install an overhead fan to keep you cool on hot summer days! If that doesn’t describe your outdoor space, you can always bring a standing fan outside to help keep you cool.
- Another great way to spruce up your outdoor space is to add a decorative outdoor rug! Rugs come in a variety of styles and colors to fit your outdoor needs.
- If digging a fire pit isn’t on your summer to-do list, you can still stay warm on cool summer nights and roast marshmallows over a pretty fire pit you bring home from the store.
- Take a moment to sweep off your patio or deck and then use a power sprayer to get the remaining winter dirt and grime off. If you have a wood deck, consider restaining and resealing it if necessary. (Lowe’s, $299)
- Spring cleaning can do wonders for your home and your soul, so don’t forget to clean your outdoors, too! Grab the kids and a few rags and clean off all the dirt, grime and cobwebs from your patio furniture. (Lowe’s, $5)
Hope this helps get you all ready for Summer 2014!