A staple in every home or commercial office, we use our keyboards almost as often as we use our cell phones. However, we do much more than simply work at our desks — we also cough, sneeze, and eat over our keyboards, which means that they must be cleaned like every other point of contact in the office. Professional commercial cleaning companies in PA know just how important it is to regularly clean your keyboard — and they also know that it can be difficult to figure out if you’ve done the job the right way. Use these tips to ensure that the next time you clean your keyboard, you’re getting all of the crumbs and germs out.
- Shake out the keyboard. The first step to clearing your keyboard is to shake it out. This will clear out any crumbs and debris that have been left in your keyboard. Be sure to do this over a large trash can so you don’t create more work later on.
- Clear out dust. After you’ve cleaned out the major debris from your keyboard, grab a can of compressed air to clear out any dust from between your keys. If you don’t have a can of compressed air on hand, grab a sticky note, fold it in half, and run the sticky side along the inside of your keys to grab any dust.
- Clean between your keys. After removing dust, it’s time to sanitize your keyboard. Take a Q-tip and dip it in alcohol to swab between your keys. After you finish cleaning between the keys, spray the top of your keyboard with a disinfectant spray. Be sure to wipe down your keyboard before plugging it back in and heading back to work.
Are you an office manager looking for a way to keep your commercial cleaning in check? Minch’s commercial cleaning company in Bucks County will get the job done so your employees can do their best. Give our team a call today to learn more and get started!
You just found out your family wants to come over for a holiday catch-up. They’ll be over in just a few days — and if your home isn’t ready, you might be panicking already. While you can always call a local cleaning company in Bucks County, there are also a few quick things that you can handle on your own if you only have a little time before family arrives. Here are a few quick tips to be sure your home looks as clean as possible without a minute to spare.
Look at the whole house: If you only focus on one room, you are likely to spend the majority of your time there. Look at the whole area your guests will see and do one task in each of those places before moving on.
Sweep before you mop: Many people think they can mop the floor and it will be clean. However, the dirt on the floor makes most floors look worse. By sweeping first, your mopping is far more effective.
Dust every surface: This does not mean just shelves and the entertainment center. While those are both excellent places to begin, don’t forget your picture frames, ceiling fans, furniture (even sofas), and end tables.
Do not overlook glass surfaces: All of the glass in your home should sparkle. This means cleaning both the inside and the outside of your windows, wiping off all mirrors, and even getting light fixtures that are within reach. This simple tip can help any room look cleaner in no time.
Do the floors last: The last set of tasks you want to accomplish is to vacuum, sweep, and mop. That way, with the rest of your cleaning, any debris you moved that did not get caught in a rag, still gets cleaned up.
If you have a little time before your family arrives, make things simpler by scheduling your house cleaning in Bucks County from the trusted professionals at Minch!
Before your end-of-year guests arrive, you will no doubt want to clean up your home. Even if you are only having guests over virtually or for a quick hello, having a clean space is important. Here are some quick tips to make sure you have the cleanest space possible.
Look high: Little things on your ceilings are likely to stand out to those who don’t see your home often. Check for stains, cobwebs, and dust on your curtains when you’re cleaning up.
Look low: Make sure you also clean the low areas in your home. This means dusting molding, making sure that your floors are sparkling, and vacuuming your carpeting well or polishing your cleaned hardwood.
Make sure to dust: Dust may be normal for you, but the first thing your guests will notice is dust all around. This can be an especially large problem for in-person meetings, as guests with allergies can quickly become uncomfortable in your home if you allow dust and pet dander to hang around.
Remember your windows: Windows not only let light in, but also make a home feel more welcoming. Both on camera and in person, they make seeing you easier, but are also easy to tell when they are dirty. Be sure to wipe down your windows with a glass-safe cleaner before you say “happy new year.”
Clean your fixtures: If you were to hire a cleaning company in Bucks County, you’d notice they take the time to clean each fixture. This includes lights and fans. Many people overlook these items prior to having guests and can make your home look dirtier than it actually is.
Want to hire out for your house cleaning in Bucks County? A single call to Minch will have your home spotless to welcome in 2021. Contact us today to get started!
Everyone knows that cleaning up weekly helps keep your home sparkling clean. However, everyone has a chore or two that they absolutely loathe. What is your least favorite chore? If you’re like most Americans, you dislike these five hated household chores.
- Scrubbing the bathtub.Soaking in the tub is no fun when your bathtub is dirty. But with so much scrubbing and working with smelly chemicals, there’s little question why most homeowners would prefer to leave this chore to their house cleaning companies in Doylestown, PA.
- Cleaning the toilet.Another commonly hated bathroom task, no one likes scrubbing waste from their toilet. Unfortunately, the toilet is one of the germiest areas in the home — so this chore has to be done, no matter what.
- Doing the dishes.With more time spent indoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you might feel like you have a never-ending stream of dishes that need to be done. With constant cleaning, drying, and restacking, doing the dishes is a chore that’s both time-consuming and annoying.
- Laundry.Laundry is another chore that isn’t difficult but is tedious. In order to clean your laundry the right way, you need to sort your clothes, wash them in batches by color, and decide which clothes can be dried in the dryer and which ones need to be hung on a drying rack. With so many steps and hours spent cleaning, it’s easy to see why most people loathe laundry day.
- Grocery shopping.If you’re like most people, you probably do your grocery shopping on the weekends — like everyone else. This means that you’ll be competing with every other shopper for space, the most in-demand items, and time. Grocery shopping is a major weekend time suck…and if you happen to forget a few crucial ingredients, you might need to do it all over again the next day.
Are you looking for a break from some of your least favorite chores? Schedule a house cleaning in Doylestown, PA, or in another area with the team at Minch. Give us a call today to learn more and get started!