Nothing says “summer” quite like taking a family trip to the beach, amusement park, or to visit family members in other states. Unfortunately, knowing that you’re coming home to a big mess can dampen any summer trip. Save yourself the stress by tackling these must-dos a few days before you head out on your next family adventure!
- Tackle the dishes. Professional house cleaning services in Doylestown, PA, know firsthand that food scraps and dirty dishes can quickly create an unpleasant odor in your home if left unattended. Remember to take care of your dishes before you leave to prevent decaying food from causing a smell or attracting bugs.
- Wash, dry, and fold laundry. Your laundry can also pile up in the days before you take your vacation, causing unpleasant smells. Wash, dry, and put away all of your family’s clothing before you leave. You might even find a long-lost swimsuit you want to take to the beach!
- Make plans for the pets. If you can’t take your pet along with you on your vacation, make special plans to prevent them from going stir-crazy in your home. If you have a dog, you may want to ask your neighbor to take him or her out for walks, food, and bathroom breaks while you’re out. For indoor pets (like cats and hamsters), make sure that you’ve set them up with plenty of food, water, fresh bedding or litter, and toys before you leave. Your furry friend will thank you!
- Take out the trash. You probably already know that your kitchen trash needs to be taken out before you go on vacation. But have you emptied the other trash cans in your house? Do a “once over” and walk through your home the morning of your trip to make sure that there aren’t any bathroom or bedroom trash cans hanging around with a full bag.
- Do some dusting. If you or someone you love has allergies, leaving dust to sit around in the home for a week can cause you to come home to an allergy bomb. Remember to dust each room before you leave to prevent illness and irritation.
Looking for an easier way to take care of your home cleaning in Buckingham, PA, before you head out for a summer adventure? Let Minch handle the tough stuff for you! Give our team a call to get started or schedule your appointment!