Whether it is a leather couch in your living room or office, you want to make sure the elegant piece of furniture maintains its aesthetics. While you could hire a janitorial service in Bucks County to have it professionally cleaned, that may not be within your budget. Attempting to clean the delicate material can be a worrisome task as you do not want to damage or stain the leather. Since it is porous, it can absorb certain products, such as bleach or ammonia, and lead to discoloration and deterioration. To keep your couch looking its best, our professional cleaners have recommended the safest way to clean the leather.
- Vacuum: Using the soft brush attachment of your vacuum, go over the entire piece, making sure you get into all of the crevices. It is imperative to remove all of the dust and dirt to ensure you do not rub it into the material during the rest of the cleaning.
- Solution: To make an environmentally friendly solution, you can mix one part water with one part white vinegar. You can also mix a small amount of commercial leather cleaner with water to make an effective solution as well.
- Clean: Start the process by submerging a microfiber cloth in the solution and wring it out to leave the rag damp. When wiping the couch, work top to bottom and regularly rinse the cloth in the mixture to prevent the spread of dirt.
- Drying: You should gently rub a clean towel over the couch to safely dry the leather. Always avoid using a blow dryer as it can dehydrate the leather and lead to it cracking.
- Conditioning: For the best results, you can make a mixture that is two parts flaxseed oil and one part white vinegar. When applying the solution, use a soft cloth and rub it in a circular motion. Once it has been applied, allow it to sit overnight.
- Buff: The next day, use a clean towel to restore the leather’s luster and brush out the circular pattern that may have been left behind.
Once the couch has been thoroughly cleaned, be sure to dust and vacuum it every week to maintain the material between cleanings. If there are stubborn stains, call Minch Professional Cleaning Services, a prominent name in janitorial cleaning services in Bucks County, to have the blemishes safely removed.