It’s hard to believe this time of year is upon us once again. As the holidays are quickly approaching, our stress levels beging to peak as we try to prepare our homes for the most perfect party and/or gathering. No matter how much we prepare, it seems like we are never quite ready. Well here are a few pointers that we hope can and will help you get ready for your gathering.
- Start Early: Begin cleaning before the seasonal rush, so you can break tasks down into manageable chunks. It also gives you more time to tackle long-term projects, like polishing silverware and rearranging furniture.
- Make a List: Before you get started, divide chores by room and estimate the time it will take to complete each task. Then decide if you can squeeze in cleaning during commercials or if you should set aside an entire afternoon.
- Clean in Chunks: Set aside a fixed time each day, like right before bed or after your morning coffee, to get things done. You’ll be amazed at how much you can check off your list in under an hour.
- Take Shortcuts: If you find yourself needing a quick cleaning fix, take a couple of shortcuts to tide you over until you can give rooms a deeper scrub.
- Enlist Help: Designate a specific time each week for cleaning and divide chores so members of your household can pitch in. For example, have kids make their own beds, sort toys, dust and wipe off countertops.
- Simplify: Instead of cleaning around the clutter, eliminate it. Give yourself an hour per room to decide what to keep and what to toss, then organize the keepers.
- Have Fun: While you clean, listen to books on CD from the library, put on your favorite podcast, or dance to high-energy tunes. And when you’re finished, reward yourself with a long, relaxing bath or sweet treat.
The most important thing to do as a host, is to take the time to enjoy yourself and your guests. After all, being around our family and friends is what it is all about, right?!?!
Happy Holidays from our family here at Minch Professional Cleaning Services, LLC to yours!